Home Page Slideshow
Changes to City Services due to Coronavirus
During the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, all critical Youngstown City services will continue. However, City Hall, Police Department, Fire Department, Parks & Recreation Garage, Street Department, Traffic Sign & Signal, Waste Water, Water Engineering, and 20 Federal Place locations are closed to the public until further notice. In addition, the Municipal Court building is operating on a reduced and restricted schedule (more information below). Be sure to keep track of City meeting cancellations by consulting the City Meetings & Events Calendar .
Youngstown City services will continue under the following conditions:
City Hall & Health Department
- Youngstown Water Department payments may only be made by phone, online, or bank payments. To pay by phone, please call 330-742-8749 - option 8.
- City water customers won't face utility shutoffs while new billing accommodations are created. In accordance with the directive from the Office of the Governor of the State of Ohio, issued March 31, 2020, effective April 1, 2020, the Youngstown Water Department will only restore service to active water accounts that were terminated or suspended after January 1, 2020. Accounts terminated prior to this date, January 1, 2020, or accounts that are identified as having engaged in illegal activity will be subject to the normal Water Department’s policies and procedures to have service restored.
- New service for Youngstown City Water will continue by calling the Water Department at (330) 742-8749.
- Youngstown Water Department will temporarily cease the in-home water meter change-out program.
- The issuing of all other City department permits is temporarily suspended.
- Any trash at the curb that is not bagged or in a City supplied trash cart or a personal trash cart will not be picked up.
- Republic Services will suspend curbside recycling as of April 6, 2020. Drop-off recycling sites will remain open.
- Vendor Invoices can be emailed directly to the Finance Department at VendorInvoice@youngstownohio.gov. In your email, please indicate if you will accept payment by purchasing credit card without a fee. This process will expedite receiving payment.
- The Vital Statistics Division of the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please call (330) 743-3333 for an appointment.
- The Reproductive Health and Wellness Clinic at the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) will be open by appointment only. Call (330) 743-3333 to schedule an appointment.
Parks and Recreation Department
- Parks Pavilion Rentals: Cancelled until further notice.
- Parks Outdoor Pavilions and Restrooms: Closed until further notice.
- Northside Pool: Closed until further notice.
- Splash Pads: Closed until further notice.
- Eugenia Atkinson Recreation Center: Closed until further notice.
- Henry Stambaugh Golf Course: Closed until further notice.
- Playgrounds and Playground Equipment: Closed until further notice.
- Basketball Courts: Closed until further notice.
- Workout Equipment at all city parks: Closed until further notice
- The media/news hook will be available in the 1st floor outer lobby.
- If a police report is needed, please call the information desk at (330) 742-8926.
- If a towed vehicle release is needed, please call the Accident Investigation Unit: (330) 742-8946
- If you need a copy of a police report, please call the Record Room at (330) 742-8907 or (330) 742-8934
- When possible, police reports will be taken over the telephone. Copies of police reports will be emailed or mailed to the requestor.
- If you have any other questions, please call the police desk at (330) 742-8926.
- Fire inspections performed on any buildings, daycares, foster homes, etc. are temporarily suspended.
- If a fire report is needed or you have any other fire department related questions, please call the office of the main fire station at (330) 747-7403 ext. 0.
Youngstown Municipal Court Emergency Operations Plan
- The Youngstown Municipal Court is now open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Those who enter the building must be listed on the court docket for that particular day.
- Only the person scheduled to appear and their court representative, if applicable, may enter the building.
- Witnesses in civil and criminal hearings whose presence is necessary for the effective administration of justice will be granted entry into the Court.
- No guests are permitted on-site.
- A face covering is required to appear in Court and in the Youngstown Municipal Court Building.
- If you have a case pending in Youngstown Municipal Court on the criminal, traffic or civil docket and your case was reset by the Court for a later hearing date due to COVID-19 during the months of March, April and May and your address or phone number has changed call 330-742-8868.
The Youngstown Municipal Court will hold limited in-person hearings beginning June 8, 2020 for the following types of cases:
- All Traffic Court initial appearances and misdemeanor arraignments are being held in Judge Carla J. Baldwin’s Courtroom. Individuals who received a summons by mail must appear on the date listed.
- All video arraignments will be handled by Judge Baldwin.
- All Preliminary Hearings will be handled by Judge Renee M. DiSalvo.
- All civil hearings including limited Evictions and Garnishment hearings will be held In Magistrate Anthony Sertick’s Courtroom.
- For those in custody at the jail, arraignments will continue to be held remotely by video.
Youngstown Municipal Court
Court Administration - (330) 742-8824
Judge Baldwin's Court - (330) 742-8855
Judge DiSalvo's Court- (330)742-8853
Magistrate Sertick's Court - (330) 742-8857
Clerk of Court
Small Claims/Eviction Cases - (330) 742-8866
Parking- (330) 742-8846
Civil Cases - (330) 742-8863
Criminal Cases - (330) 742-8860
Thank you for your understanding and patience throughout the duration of the coronavirus emergency.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Resources
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Ohio Department of Health (ODH), and Youngstown City Health District (YCHD) are working together to monitor the coronavirus outbreak.
The following are some helpful coronavirus resources:
Please visit the CDC and ODH websites (see links below) for up-to-date information. Additional information may be provided by the Youngstown City Health District (see link below), if needed.
Register With Youngstown's Workforce Database
Youngstown SMART2 Network
The Youngstown SMART2 Network will connect Strategic & Sustainable, Medical & Manufacturing, Academic & Arts, Residential & Recreational, Technology & Training centers in the heart of the Mahoning Valley region, by enhancing mobility, improving safety, and integrating technology into a modern and efficient multimodal transportation system in Downtown Youngstown that is responsive and adaptive to the needs of current and future users.
SMART2 will incorporate improved pedestrian and bicycle facilities, autonomous transit shuttles, transit waiting environments, green infrastructure, streetscaping, and wayfinding connecting major regional destinations that include Youngstown State University, Mercy Health, Youngstown Business Incubator, Eastern Gateway Community College, and WRTA Federal Station.