If you suffer personal injury or property damages due to an incident or situation in which you believe the City bears responsibility, you may file a Damage Claim Form (see link below) with the Law Department:
If your claim involves automobile damages, your must also submit the following items:
- A copy of the declaration page of your insurance policy.
- A copy of the estimate for repair or an itemized bill. Two estimates are requested for claims involving a motor vehicle.
- Photographs of the damages to your vehicle or tire(s) and of the alleged defect that caused your damages.
- Your claim cannot be processed until the Law Department receives a completed claim form. Claims processing can take up to 90 days or more. You will be contacted in writing as soon as your claim has been investigated and fully processed.
- The City is only liable for damages in limited circumstances, such as when the City had notice of a dangerous condition and failed to make repairs within a reasonable time. When claims are paid by the City, only the portion not compensated by your insurance is paid to you.