Changes to City Services due to Coronavirus
During the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, all critical Youngstown City services will continue. However, City Hall, Police Department, Fire Department, Parks & Recreation Garage, Street Department, Traffic Sign & Signal, Waste Water, Water Engineering, and 20 Federal Place office locations are closed to the public until further notice, with limited exceptions. In addition, the Municipal Court building is operating on a reduced and restricted schedule (more information below). Be sure to keep track of City meeting cancellations by consulting the City Meetings & Events Calendar .
Service Change Details
Youngstown City services will continue under the following conditions:
City Hall & Health Department
- Youngstown Water Department Customer Service will be open for all transactions, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. A maximum of five customers will be allowed in the lobby, masks are mandatory, and temperature checks will be administered.
- Effective July 20, 2020, the Youngstown Water Department will resume our standard collections procedures, which include disconnection for nonpayment.
- Youngstown Water Department will temporarily cease the in-home water meter change-out program.
- The issuing of all other City department permits is temporarily suspended.
- Any trash at the curb that is not bagged or in a City supplied trash cart or a personal trash cart will not be picked up.
- Vendor Invoices can be emailed directly to the Finance Department at VendorInvoice@youngstownohio.gov. In your email, please indicate if you will accept payment by purchasing credit card without a fee. This process will expedite receiving payment.
- The Vital Statistics Division of the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please call (330) 743-3333 for an appointment.
- The Reproductive Health and Wellness Clinic at the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) will be open by appointment only. Call (330) 743-3333 to schedule an appointment.
Parks and Recreation Department
- Parks Pavilion Rentals: Cancelled until further notice.
- Parks Outdoor Pavilions and Restrooms: Closed until further notice.
- Northside Pool: Closed until further notice.
- Splash Pads: Closed until further notice.
- Eugenia Atkinson Recreation Center: The Center is open only for Fitness Room access; the gymnasium is closed.
- Playgrounds and Playground Equipment: Closed until further notice.
- Basketball Courts: Closed until further notice.
- Workout Equipment at all city parks: Closed until further notice
- The media/news hook will be available in the 1st floor outer lobby.
- If a police report is needed, please call the information desk at (330) 742-8926.
- If a towed vehicle release is needed, please call the Accident Investigation Unit: (330) 742-8946
- If you need a copy of a police report, please call the Record Room at (330) 742-8907 or (330) 742-8934
- When possible, police reports will be taken over the telephone. Copies of police reports will be emailed or mailed to the requestor.
- If you have any other questions, please call the police desk at (330) 742-8926.
- Fire inspections performed on any buildings, daycares, foster homes, etc. are temporarily suspended.
- If a fire report is needed or you have any other fire department related questions, please call the office of the main fire station at (330) 747-7403 ext. 0.
Youngstown Municipal Court Emergency Operations Plan
- The Youngstown Municipal Court is now open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Those who enter the building must be listed on the court docket for that particular day.
- Only the person scheduled to appear and their court representative, if applicable, may enter the building.
- Witnesses in civil and criminal hearings whose presence is necessary for the effective administration of justice will be granted entry into the Court.
- No guests are permitted on-site.
- A face covering is required to appear in Court and in the Youngstown Municipal Court Building.
- If you have a case pending in Youngstown Municipal Court on the criminal, traffic or civil docket and your case was reset by the Court for a later hearing date due to COVID-19 during the months of March, April and May and your address or phone number has changed call 330-742-8868.
The Youngstown Municipal Court will hold limited in-person hearings beginning June 8, 2020 for the following types of cases:
- All Traffic Court initial appearances and misdemeanor arraignments are being held in Judge Carla J. Baldwin’s Courtroom. Individuals who received a summons by mail must appear on the date listed.
- All video arraignments will be handled by Judge Baldwin.
- All Preliminary Hearings will be handled by Judge Renee M. DiSalvo.
- All civil hearings including limited Evictions and Garnishment hearings will be held In Magistrate Anthony Sertick’s Courtroom.
- For those in custody at the jail, arraignments will continue to be held remotely by video.
Youngstown Municipal Court
Court Administration - (330) 742-8824
Judge Baldwin's Court - (330) 742-8855
Judge DiSalvo's Court- (330)742-8853
Magistrate Sertick's Court - (330) 742-8857
Clerk of Court
Small Claims/Eviction Cases - (330) 742-8866
Parking- (330) 742-8846
Civil Cases - (330) 742-8863
Criminal Cases - (330) 742-8860
Thank you for your understanding and patience throughout the duration of the coronavirus emergency.