Changes to City Services due to Coronavirus
During the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, all critical Youngstown City services will continue. However, City Hall, Police Department, Fire Department, Parks & Recreation Garage, Street Department, Traffic Sign & Signal, Waste Water, Water Engineering, and 20 Federal Place office locations are closed to the public until further notice, with limited exceptions. Be sure to keep track of City meeting cancellations by consulting the City Meetings & Events Calendar .
Service Change Details
Youngstown City services will continue under the following conditions:
City Hall & Health Department
- Youngstown Water Department Customer Service will be open for all transactions, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. A maximum of five customers will be allowed in the lobby and masks are required for entry.
- The Youngstown Water Department has resumed standard collections procedures, which include disconnection for nonpayment.
- Walk-in City department permits are temporarily suspended. Permits are still being issued via e-mail.
- Any trash at the curb that is not bagged or in a City supplied trash cart or a personal trash cart will not be picked up.
- Vendor Invoices can be emailed directly to the Finance Department at VendorInvoice@youngstownohio.gov. In your email, please indicate if you will accept payment by purchasing credit card without a fee. This process will expedite receiving payment.
- The Vital Statistics Division of the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please call (330) 743-3333 for an appointment.
- The Reproductive Health and Wellness Clinic at the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) will be open by appointment only. Call (330) 743-3333 to schedule an appointment.
- Any individual entering the courthouse is required to wear a protective facial covering which covers the nose and mouth unless a medically documented reason prevents the person from covering their face. N95 medical masks are not required; cloth facial coverings that have been purchased or are homemade are acceptable. The protective facial covering shall be worn at all times while the individual is inside the courthouse. Individuals are encouraged to bring their own facial coverings; however, the Court will provide facial coverings if a person does not have access to their own. Persons refusing to wear facial coverings, except in instances of a medically documented waiver, may be subject to removal from the courthouse.
- All individuals in the courthouse shall adhere to 6-foot social distancing protocols.
Parks and Recreation Department
- Parks Pavilion Rentals: New rental reservations are suspended until further notice.
- Parks Outdoor Restrooms: Open until dusk.
- Eugenia Atkinson Recreation Center: Full operation with new hours (Mon. & Wed.: 8am – 4pm; Tues & Thurs: 8am – 9pm; Fri: 8am – 4pm; Sat: 10am -3pm)
- Playgrounds and Playground Equipment: Open - Play At Your Own Risk.
- Basketball Courts: Open - Play At Your Own Risk.
- Workout Equipment at all City parks: Open - Play At Your Own Risk.
- The media/news hook will be available in the 1st floor outer lobby.
- If a police report is needed, please call the information desk at (330) 742-8926.
- If a towed vehicle release is needed, please call the Accident Investigation Unit: (330) 742-8946
- If you need a copy of a police report, please call the Record Room at (330) 742-8907 or (330) 742-8934
- When possible, police reports will be taken over the telephone. Copies of police reports will be emailed or mailed to the requestor.
- If you have any other questions, please call the police desk at (330) 742-8926.
- Fire inspections performed on any buildings, daycares, foster homes, etc. are temporarily suspended.
- If a fire report is needed or you have any other fire department related questions, please call the office of the main fire station at (330) 747-7403 ext. 0.