Changes to City Services due to Coronavirus
During the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, all critical Youngstown City services will continue. However, City Hall, Police Department, Fire Department, Parks & Recreation Garage, Street Department, Traffic Sign & Signal, Waste Water, Water Engineering, and 20 Federal Place office locations are closed to the public until further notice, with limited exceptions. Be sure to keep track of City meeting cancellations by consulting the City Meetings & Events Calendar .
Service Change Details
Youngstown City services will continue under the following conditions:
City Hall & Health Department
- Youngstown Water Department Customer Service will be open for all transactions, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. A maximum of five customers will be allowed in the lobby, masks are mandatory, and temperature checks will be administered.
- Effective July 20, 2020, the Youngstown Water Department will resume our standard collections procedures, which include disconnection for nonpayment.
- Youngstown Water Department will temporarily cease the in-home water meter change-out program.
- The issuing of all other City department permits is temporarily suspended.
- Any trash at the curb that is not bagged or in a City supplied trash cart or a personal trash cart will not be picked up.
- Vendor Invoices can be emailed directly to the Finance Department at VendorInvoice@youngstownohio.gov. In your email, please indicate if you will accept payment by purchasing credit card without a fee. This process will expedite receiving payment.
- The Vital Statistics Division of the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please call (330) 743-3333 for an appointment.
- The Reproductive Health and Wellness Clinic at the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) will be open by appointment only. Call (330) 743-3333 to schedule an appointment.
Parks and Recreation Department
- Parks Pavilion Rentals: Limited rental locations with restrictions. Call park office for detail. All rentals are completed in person at the park office until further notice.
- Parks Outdoor Restrooms: Open until dusk.
- Eugenia Atkinson Recreation Center: Full operation with new hours (Mon. & Wed.: 8am – 4pm; Tues & Thurs: 8am – 9pm; Fri: 8am – 4pm; Sat: 10am -3pm)
- Playgrounds and Playground Equipment: Open - Play At Your Own Risk.
- Basketball Courts: Open - Play At Your Own Risk.
- Workout Equipment at all City parks: Open - Play At Your Own Risk.
- The media/news hook will be available in the 1st floor outer lobby.
- If a police report is needed, please call the information desk at (330) 742-8926.
- If a towed vehicle release is needed, please call the Accident Investigation Unit: (330) 742-8946
- If you need a copy of a police report, please call the Record Room at (330) 742-8907 or (330) 742-8934
- When possible, police reports will be taken over the telephone. Copies of police reports will be emailed or mailed to the requestor.
- If you have any other questions, please call the police desk at (330) 742-8926.
- Fire inspections performed on any buildings, daycares, foster homes, etc. are temporarily suspended.
- If a fire report is needed or you have any other fire department related questions, please call the office of the main fire station at (330) 747-7403 ext. 0.