Community Planning & Economic Development
The Community Planning & Economic Development (CPED) Department is a key component of revitalization efforts in the City of Youngstown. Comprised of the divisions of Community Development, Planning & Zoning, and Economic Development, the department is able to align resources, strategies, and initiatives to improve neighborhoods, living conditions, and economic opportunities throughout the City.
The department administers the following:
- Economic development incentive programs to attract new businesses and aid in the retention or expansion of existing businesses.
- The City of Youngstown zoning ordinance.
- Staff support to the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, and Design Review Committee.
- Annual Federal grant program funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- The City of Youngstown Land Reutilization Program, which works to return tax delinquent properties back to a productive use.