Home Page Slideshow Slide Detail
Changes to City Services due to Coronavirus
During the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, all critical Youngstown City services will continue. However, City Hall, Police Department, Fire Department, Parks & Recreation Garage, Street Department, Traffic Sign & Signal, Waste Water, Water Engineering, and 20 Federal Place locations are closed to the public until further notice. In addition, the Municipal Court building is operating on a reduced and restricted schedule (more information below). Be sure to keep track of City meeting cancellations by consulting the City Meetings & Events Calendar .
Youngstown City services will continue under the following conditions:
City Hall & Health Department
- Youngstown Water Department payments may only be made by phone, online, or bank payments. To pay by phone, please call 330-742-8749 - option 8.
- City water customers won't face utility shutoffs while new billing accommodations are created. In accordance with the directive from the Office of the Governor of the State of Ohio, issued March 31, 2020, effective April 1, 2020, the Youngstown Water Department will only restore service to active water accounts that were terminated or suspended after January 1, 2020. Accounts terminated prior to this date, January 1, 2020, or accounts that are identified as having engaged in illegal activity will be subject to the normal Water Department’s policies and procedures to have service restored.
- New service for Youngstown City Water will continue by calling the Water Department at (330) 742-8749.
- Youngstown Water Department will temporarily cease the in-home water meter change-out program.
- The issuing of all other City department permits is temporarily suspended.
- Any trash at the curb that is not bagged or in a City supplied trash cart or a personal trash cart will not be picked up.
- Republic Services will suspend curbside recycling as of April 6, 2020. Drop-off recycling sites will remain open.
- City Parks and Recreation playgrounds and outside fitness equipment located on all playgrounds and walking trails are placed on a do not use status.
- Vendor Invoices can be emailed directly to the Finance Department at VendorInvoice@youngstownohio.gov. In your email, please indicate if you will accept payment by purchasing credit card without a fee. This process will expedite receiving payment.
- The Vital Statistics Division of the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) will remain open to the public on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Please call (330) 743-3333 for an appointment.
- The Reproductive Health and Wellness Clinic at the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) will be open by appointment only. Call (330) 743-3333 to schedule an appointment.
- The media/news hook will be available in the 1st floor outer lobby.
- If a police report is needed, please call the information desk at (330) 742-8926.
- If a towed vehicle release is needed, please call the Accident Investigation Unit: (330) 742-8946
- If you need a copy of a police report, please call the Record Room at (330) 742-8907 or (330) 742-8934
- When possible, police reports will be taken over the telephone. Copies of police reports will be emailed or mailed to the requestor.
- If you have any other questions, please call the police desk at (330) 742-8926.
- Fire inspections performed on any buildings, daycares, foster homes, etc. are temporarily suspended.
- If a fire report is needed or you have any other fire department related questions, please call the office of the main fire station at (330) 747-7403 ext. 0.
Youngstown Municipal Court Emergency Operations Plan
- Court access is limited to those parties/litigants with case(s) on the daily docket and to those with official business with the Court. Hours will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The building will be closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Court and Clerk of Court staff will be available by phone on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m, and Fridays, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Individuals who need to make payment to the Clerk of Court are encouraged to pay by mail with a money order or certified check. Credit card payments will be accepted over the phone for parking only. Attorneys are encouraged to use fax or mail to deliver all documents to the Clerk of Court.
- Traffic and criminal arraignments scheduled for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. will not be conducted for at least the next three weeks. The Assignment Office will mail out new Court dates to the last address on file with the Court.
- Everyone set for arraignment should call and confirm their contact information with the Court.
- Video arraignments will take place on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10:30 a.m.
- Eviction hearings will not take place for at least the next three weeks. The Court will contact the parties with new dates.
- Small claims, garnishment, revivors, replevins and all other civil cases will not be heard for at least the next three weeks. The Court will contact the parties to reschedule.
- There will be a 30 day moratorium on new civil filings.
- Scheduled hearings before the Magistrate and Judges, except for cases with incarcerated Defendants, will be rescheduled and a notice of the new court date will be sent by the Court to the address the court has on file.
- All traffic matters including trials and walk-in hours are continued for at least the next three weeks. The Court will contact the parties to reschedule.
- Instructions for paying parking tickets, etc. can be found on our website: youngstownohio.gov/court.
- Expansion of waivers for minor misdemeanor traffic citations for all but those involving crashes.
- All criminal proceedings (bench trials, suppression hearings, restitution hearings, etc.) will be continued. Each Court will contact the parties to reschedule.
- Those who receive a felony summons should report to Court as usual.
- Individuals on Pretrial Supervision will report via telephone or email unless directed otherwise by their supervising officer.
- All probationers who are scheduled to report should contact their Probation Officer before reporting in-person. The Probation Department will implement telephone meetings instead of in-person meetings until further notice.
- Judge Baldwin will not schedule any new weddings until further notice.
- We will limit the number of people permitted to enter the courthouse in order to keep everyone in our community safe. Children and those in higher risk groups should not enter the building. Please call the Court or Clerk of Court with questions using the following telephone numbers:
Youngstown Municipal Court
Court Administration - (330) 742-8824
Judge Baldwin's Court - (330) 742-8855
Judge DiSalvo's Court- (330)742-8853
Magistrate Sertick's Court - (330) 742-8857
Clerk of Court
Small Claims/Eviction Cases - (330) 742-8866
Parking- (330) 742-8846
Civil Cases - (330) 742-8863
Criminal Cases - (330) 742-8860
Thank you for your understanding and patience throughout the duration of the coronavirus emergency.