Public Notice Details
Restricted Access to Police Department as of 3-19-2020
From Robin Lees, Chief of Police, Youngstown Police Department:
In order to protect the public and the employees of the Youngstown Police Department, effective 4:00 p.m., today’s date (March 19, 2020), the Youngstown Police Department will restrict all public access to the building. The media/news hook will be available in the 1st floor outer lobby.
- If a police report is needed, please call the information desk at (330) 742-8926.
- If a towed vehicle release is needed, please call the Accident Investigation Unit: (330) 742-8946
- If you need a copy of a police report, please call the Record Room at (330) 742-8907 or (330) 742-8934
- If you have any other questions, please call the police desk at (330) 742-8926.
We will be making every effort to minimize non-essential contact with the public. The following steps are being taken:
- When possible, police reports will be taken over the telephone.
- Copies of police reports will be emailed or mailed to the requestor.
This decision is being made based on the most current information available in the best interests of the safety and welfare of our residents and employees.
This shall remain in effect until further notice.