Public Notice Details
Coronavirus Update (3-13-2020)
Mayor Brown announces today that the City of Youngstown, in accordance with Ohio Public Health Directives from Ohio Department of Health, Dr. Amy Acton and Youngstown Health Department Directives from Health Commissioner Erin Bishop, the following will be in effect immediately and will continue as directed by both Directors.
The following list of directives are designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, the Corona virus:
- There will be no mass gatherings that bring together 100 persons or more. This does not include medical facilities, libraries, shopping areas, restaurants, offices, factories, grocery stores, sporting events without spectators (immediate family permitted), churches, religious gatherings, First Amendment gatherings, weddings and funerals.
- Social distancing is urged. (six feet away is encouraged)
- All Youngstown City services will continue. The public should expect normal service with the understanding that phone communication is optimal to initiate such service. Youngstown City services will continue under the following conditions:
- Effective Monday, March 16, Youngstown Water Department payments may only be made by phone, online or bank payments. To pay by phone please call, 330-742-8749 - option 8.
- New service for Youngstown City Water will continue by calling the Water Department to schedule an in person appointment.
- Youngstown Water Department will temporarily cease the in home water meter change out program.
- All other Youngstown Department permits are available only after the scheduling of an in person appointment.
- Please do not come to any City department without a prior phone call and appointment for 30 days or until directed by the Health Commissioner.
- To reduce the length of the Coronavirus Pandemic it is urged that Youngstown Residents utilize the following procedures:
- If you have a compromised immune system, you are urged to self-quarantine.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water frequently
- Cover your cough or sneeze into your arm
- Stay at home if sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid hand shaking
- There is no recommendation to wear masks
- Maintain supply of essential medications
- Call family and friends and monitor their health if they are vulnerable
- Frequently touched surfaces should be cleaned regularly with disinfecting sprays, wipes or common household cleaning products
- Be kind to one another
You can also visit the Ohio Coronavirus Website (see link below) or call the Coronavirus line - 1-833-427-5634.