American Rescue Plan
The City of Youngstown has received $82.7 million from the American Rescue Plan (ARP) and has appointed a special review committee to recommend priorities for investing these funds to make a long-lasting impact on the city. The committee includes two City Council members, several City department leaders, and two independent community foundation leaders.
Initial City priorities are:
- Eliminating blight by demolishing at least 500 vacant homes.
- Improving housing quality for residents.
- Cleaning up commercial corridors.
- Increasing fresh food access for residents.
- Improving transit accessibility.
- Investing in parks and youth.
- Stabilizing the City budget.